What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RC Allen 2600-2 Artificial Horizon

rsr3

Well Known Member
Hi everyone,

My RC Allen 2600-2 artificial horizon has packed up, indicating ?ERR BIT CODE 32?.

I emailed RCA support and was thoroughly disappointed in their response - basically, ?thanks for being an RCA customer, but we can?t support your product any longer due to the accelerometers no longer being in production. Our new model is great, better resolution etc?.

Bit of a shame that my ?2600 instrument is now only fit for sitting on the shelf gathering dust. Anybody suffered the same problem, or any suggestions for a home made rectification?!

Shall not be buying from them again.

Cheers

Rob

wasn't the same model, but the one we had in our VariEze showed the red ATT flag... last repair having cost North of $800, replaced it with a "drop in" Garmin G5 as a standalone unit, very happy with that little gem.

So happy that I just finished installing one in the -6, T the static/dynamic, wire the +/-, configure and enjoy :)

I have a G5 in the RV-3, great! Does your Allen instrument have the little ball slip indicator on the front?

No, it is literally just an artificial horizon. The G5 looks a like a great bit of kit, but as it is in my glider panel, space is of a premium. I think I will replace it with a Kanardia Horis 57. Similarly capable instrument, just a little smaller.

DeeCee, I'm not sure if you were lucky that they could repair yours or not, given the price for that!

Back