What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Building in or near Alabama?

Mike.Smith

I am in the beginning stage of thinking about possibly building. I live in central Alabama and I would love to visit with people building. I would be willing to drive some.

Mike, I?m building a 10 in pell city, finishing up fwf at present, bill B has built a 14 and has it at Shelby, hit us up, be more than happy to have u come by. Pete

RV14 HSV

Tail feathers complete, cracking open the wing shipping crate week after next.
Happy to have you drop in or call.
Jt

Mike, I'm based at 08A, just across I-65. You need the demo ride in my RV-8.

There is an RV-12 underway just west of the Prattville airport.

Mike,

You need to say yes to Dan's ride offer. He's built one of the finer examples ever, AND, having him as a builder friend would pay out great dividends!

MS/AL/FL Gulf Coast

We are building a -10 in Mobile (VERY SLOWLY).

Eric Cobb has just started a -14 in Pensacola and is making good progress.

Gregg Lyle is building a -14 (just started fuse) in Gautier and is making rapid progress.

Best of luck!
Mike

Thanks Mike! Looks like I will have ample opportunity to look at others builds. “But dear, I have to go to the beach to look at an airplane”.

Just finished my RV-7A in Huntsville area. First flight soon but Prattville is too far south during Phase I flying. Scott Carmichael, [email protected], is building a RV-12 in Prattville. Just flew my RV-12 down to look it over for him a couple of weeks ago.

If you want to see an RV-8 in middle of its build mine is about 35 or 40 minutes south of nashville near I-65. Tail done, Wings done. In middle of fuselage; avionics are all in and wiring very near complete. PM me if you want drive up or fly up.
Dan

Dan,

You going to be at the Wetu chapter meeting July 13? I?d love to make your acquaintance and hopefully get a ride in your -8. And forgive me if we have already met. I?m the random redhead medic that?s been to a couple of meets.

And Mike, it?d be awesome have another builder in the area. I?m about 3months from pulling the trigger (I hope) on -9 in Tallassee.

Dan,

You going to be at the Wetu chapter meeting July 13? I?d love to make your acquaintance and hopefully get a ride in your -8. And forgive me if we have already met. I?m the random redhead medic that?s been to a couple of meets.

Sometimes I miss meetings, but you're certainly welcome to the ride. Remind me and we'll do it, or just call and come on down...office is 334-244-6400

Dan was gracious to give me that ride today, even let me have a little stick time. Thank you sincerely Dan, I really appreciate the ride, and more so the advice.

Rv12

I sure would be interested in getting in touch with someone in the area that is building a -12. I am hoping to get started in the very near future.

I sure would be interested in getting in touch with someone in the area that is building a -12. I am hoping to get started in the very near future.

Dan said upthread that someone in Prattville is building a -12. I’ll see if I can find out.

ETA, I just went back up thread, the guy in Prattville building a -12 is Scott Carmichael, his email address is in that post upthread.

Last edited:
Back