What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Alcohol content?

yankee-flyer

Well Known Member
Is there a list that shows the amount of ethanol in various national brands of auto fuel? I thought I'd seen one in the forum but can't find it now.

THANKS

Wayne 143WM (reluctantly considering MOGAS)

As I understand it, the alcohol is added locally. From what I have read on the auto forums, while it is supposed to be limited to 10% right now (soon to jump to 15%), the distributers have been known to screw up and add more.

Any time you buy auto fuel, you will want to test it. Contact the EAA, they have a very cheap fuel tester.

Ethanol in gas

I thought we were going to be in big trouble when The Government went to 15% because Rotax couldn't tolerate the alcohol. What's the real scoop??
Meade
N612RV

Alcohol content

The distributor adds the ethanol as the fuel goes into the truck. It may be more or less than 10%, depending on how accurately they measure it. Each brand of fuel gets it's additive package at that time also, so it meets that companies specifications. The fuel distributors don't want to deal with fuel storage problems any more than we do.

Art Pennanen

Back