What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

#18 is legal!

ArlingtonRV

Well Known Member
I just got my airworthiness certificate today! It all happened so fast I ddin't even have time to be paranoid.

I turned in my paperwork package to the Seattle MIDO last Thursday and figured it would be 10 days to 2 weeks minimum before I got the nod to continue, especially with Monday being a holiday. Last night I got a call from the DAR asking if he could look at the plane today. It was either today or a couple of weeks from now, so, I said "sure, tomorrow works."

The whole process went real smooth and there were no findings. For anyone in the Northwest I have to add my recommendation to all the others for Charlie Cotton. He's a nice guy and really knows the process.

We weighed it a couple of weeks ago and it came in at 751 pounds with the light kit, paint, and the full interior kit.

Can't wait to fly it.

Pictures can be seen at http://www.hangara13.com/RV-12Project.html.

Looks great!

Hey Steve,

Congratulations on passing another milepost! Looking forward to seeing your plane in the air. When will you fly?

First flight soon...

I want to have the first flight, and the phase one period for that matter, complete before the Arlington fly-in just after the 4th of july, so I'm looking for a first flight towards the latter half of June.

Thanks

Legal Eagal

Pretty paint job. Kinda looks like a paint scheme I was planning only with the colors reversed. Get that -12 flying and enjoy.

Art Pennanen

Back