What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

fuel tank

crashley

Well Known Member
I am just about to start prosealing the fuel tank and wondering if you have to proseal the nutplates and rivets on the round inspection opening
thanks

Put a nice 1/16" layer of proseal on the inspection cover lip that mates over the nut plates and rivets. Like putting butter on bread. You should be good and not need to cover it from the inside.

Make sure you glob the upper corners good. A nice "finger full" in each top corner under neath. There is a hole in each corner that needs a little attention.

Good luck.

I asked Ken at Van's the exact same question. His answer was to put all the parts for the tank on your work bench. Go home for the night. If they are still there in the morning, proseal them!

Fuel Tank

The surfaces between the doubler Ring and Fwd Tank Bhd does not require tank sealant because when the cover is installed, it will be sealed and this sealant will cover the Doubler Ring area. You can still seal the Doubler Ring, nutplates and their rivets, but it's a mess and then you have to clean your squeezer before the sealant cures. Believe me I know because I did it.

Art Pennanen

Back