What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Oil Hose Routing

dbhill916

Well Known Member
Hello Gents,

I was wondering if someone could send/post some pictures of their oil hoses that would show the details of routing, especially at the fire wall and the engine mount. While I did receive my airworthiness certificate last week, the inspector noted that there were some places where hoses would probably chaff and he suggested I reroute them. I've looked over the KAI, but I'm not sure of the details regarding the structures above. Any pictures would be highly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance,
-dbh

oil hose routing

You don't have a lot of choices on the routing due to the length of the hose.
What you have to do is get in there with an RTV gun and RTV everyplace the hose contacts something that will cause chafing. Inspect these connections once in a while to be sure everything is OK.

Hello Gents,

I was wondering if someone could send/post some pictures of their oil hoses that would show the details of routing, especially at the fire wall and the engine mount. While I did receive my airworthiness certificate last week, the inspector noted that there were some places where hoses would probably chaff and he suggested I reroute them. I've looked over the KAI, but I'm not sure of the details regarding the structures above. Any pictures would be highly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance,
-dbh

An old A&P trick is to use stiff rubber fuel hose with sufficient id to use extra long plastic cable ties....loop one end of cable around something stationary, run cable tie through "cut to length fuel hose" and around object you want held from contact. You can run several (from different angles if necessary) to provide a secure stand off that allows for movement/vibration damping.

Back