What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Red cube fuel flow transducer

ClarkieSr

I was told by many not to locate my fuel flow transducer in the tunnel of my -10 because it's works more accurately forward of the firewall. Does anyone have suggestions as to where to locate it. Pics would be helpful if you have any.

Thanks
Tom Clark
N646LC
Soon to take flight

Lots of folks have made a bracket that attaches it to the engine either near the spider or down by the throttle body. I chose a different route and didn't mount it to a bracket at all. I simply suspended it via the fuel line from the mechanical fuel pump to the throttle body and then covered it in a length of large fire sleeve that ACS sells for this very purpose. This is a method that was spelled out in the install instructions for another item that is made by EI that connects to the FT60--No issues in 170 hrs.

I know the IO-360 is a different engine and the fuel line routing may be different but... I suspended my FT-60 (red cube) using steel-braided flex hoses between the outlet of the fuel servo and the input to the flow divider. It is wrapped in firesleeve and has given me no issues in the 2 years we've been flying.

Back