What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Cable push button

WingnutWick

Well Known Member
Hello,

Had the metal push button pop out on the oil door cable and not sure how to get it to back lock in.

Thank you!

Wingnut

v5dwapI

Last edited:
Locking Mechanism

The button lock cables use a small ball bearing for the locking mechanism that can drop out if the control is pulled out too far. If you look at the cabin end of the cable mechanism there is slot for the ball bearing. Replace that ball bearing and carefully push the mechanism back into the sheath and your locking capability is restored.

Look around for the departed steel ball, but they are quite small. If you can't locate it they can be purchased separately from Spruce.

There is a little steel ball that will fall out of the stem assembly if it gets pulled out too far. First thing you will need to do is find the ball. It’s a pretty small ball, about 3/32” diameter. If you take the end of the cable loose from the door you can pull the cable out of the housing far enough to reassemble it and get the ball back where it goes.

Glad I’m not the only one who has spent some quality time searching for that dang little ball.

Time to start digging!

Little to no chance of me finding that bearing considering I?ve vacuumed afterwards. Probably equally small chance of me finding it on Spruce as well haha! Thanks for the help!

Back