What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Price for Used Lycoming O-360-A1F6 engine

PH-SCP

Well Known Member
Hi guys,

I have been offered a Lycoming O-360-A1F6 engine (with all accessories) that ran on a C177B until it was damaged beyond repair.
2000 hours without missing a beat, good compressions and hardly any oil usage. Sound like a great engine to use on an experimental after TLC.

What would be a "normal" purchase price for such an engine ??

Thanks for your inputs.

ENGINE

I would say the engine would be worth 8-9000 as a good as removed core with the fuel system mags and starter. If it was in an accident and the crank is bad, a replacement will run 5500-6500.

Jesse

Thanks...

I didn't see many comparable engines on Barnstormers which led me to ask the question here. I wasn't being lazy Bret.

Thanks for the price indications. The engine was involved in an accident but didn't run at touchdown which tends me to believe that it is undamaged. Of course, inspection will tell..

I use one

I use a used Lycoming O-360A1F6 in my RV 7A which now has nearly 300 hours on it. When I bought it, it had been recently overhauled and I paid $14000 for it. So not a direct comparison but I have been very happy with it.

Surpasses TBO easily.

You can run a 2,000 hour engine for many more years. A friend of mine put 3,000 hours on a 160 horse Lyc in his Skyhawk!

If it hasn't been sitting around for a long time (years) you should be good to go.

Best,

Back