What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Old Engine Re-Designation Question

Robert M

Well Known Member
I have a list of all of the Lycoming Engine designations. I have scoured the list to see what my -A2B has become since changing the engine mount from Conical to Dynafocal 1. I found a lot of "same as" and "similar to" on the list but just couldn't figure out what I now have. THEN, after thinking a bit more, heh, all of the Lycoming engine designations are with MAGNETOS! I will have dual P-Mags. What do I for a replacement "Nameplate" on the side of the sump or should I just remove it and don't replace it with anything 'cause there is no actual designation?

Thanks,

Robert

There is no need for a data plate on the engine.

You can call your engine anything you want, since you built it. Just make sure you have an up to date list off all the parts that you put in it. That way, if an AD comes out, you can look it up to see if it impacts you.

Well hi there old buddy! Where ya been hidin' yourself?

No name plate it is. The list of added/new/changed/rebuilt parts is, well, all of them I think. I have got all of the parts listed on separate lists that will now be combined into 1 list. I should have the engine put together before the end of next month. Then I get to start on the cowling work after the prop arrives (to be ordered).

Robert

Sounds like you are making real progress!

I just left a message on your cell phone. Call me, when you get a chance, let's catch up.

It looks like it is time to get you some RV-9 time!

Back