What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Quickbuild RV-10 Tanks

Have you experienced any leaks on your RV-10 Quickbuild fuel tanks?

• Yes

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters
Have you experienced any leaks due to quality issues at any time with the RV-10 Quickbuild fuel tanks?

Hopefully people with QB wings will respond to this poll. I am in the midst of finishing up QB wings soon (bottom skin) and this piece of info is of great interest right now. Debating whether or not to put service holes in now in the event of a leak later. If majority of people have had trouble, may make sense to be "proactive". If a majority have not had issues, perhaps it's best to solve a problem only if there is one. Any advice from QB wing owners would be appreciated.

Do your due diligence and run the tank tests... I had no leaks, and now 100 hours of flying, still have no leaks.

I like the idea of service holes. Better now than before paint. In my RV-7A build, I made a point to make sure that I had an easy means of changing components knowing that one day, everything will need repair/replacement. Especially with the glass instruments. I feel we will be upgrading those things just like the home computer.

Composing a Kitplanes article as we speak about the vent Bnut leak and a relatively easy to fabricate tool that can check/fix the problem rather easily.

Back