What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Prop Balancing Near Memphis?

Mark Dickens

Well Known Member
Patron
I'd like to have my prop balanced. Does anyone know whether there's anyone in the Memphis area that provides this service? There's a guy in Jackson, MS that does it but he's been non-responsive.

Check with Bobby Hester he can do it right.
search for him on this site.
Short flight for you straight up to Hopkinsville,Ky
Mike

Folks, if you haven't had your prop balanced, you need to. I flew up to see Bobby this morning and when I left he had it perfect. I mean 0.0 IPS

dynavibe.jpg

It took 4 quick runs and when we did the last run, I could tell a big difference before I even asked him how it went. He smiled and said zero...

On the way back home, it was smooth as butter. Well worth the time and money!

Thanks!

It did turn out to be a good day for a prop balance, I'm almost thawed out :)
Thank you Mike and Karl and now Mark for the recommendations and comments! I can't always get them down to 0.00 (nearly never) but when I do I'm glad people brag about ;-)

4EdyvpWGEXTOckRgBVXXJUb9pufd5b7pMtPnDw4EUpQ2GpY92JWWJ23d-n-heih0yS-372rwnVoB61LXWRa_fCZ20PSQLbFbAvsB0zgbIAoYCbzfhLGQ7VRU64XgNmMQb7NKt_6JYEp1DwfrpzMef6luJF0rR4_U1chWnoTLlBdXDCCMa3oURBaR3E9VKSoHZ_9B30aWCqEiBd0n3LtGhnG6sKkBdCim_7rmRohNSZR02dH9hRn4GcR7t_fOV64vIFHHlsbHW67bmLl3sJj-6_X9tGj0qX5z0qxpBafi91jJF6O9EZUXOqUB_M6lGtxqVI5K7QGRicq5n6cqmXFvfWlH_rRzfPp-rJBW4WyKfr5v7-C_LZbospTe3VMBKs2Fymaiq2gPYIp7ucjRKs2HDSZR5rbbviuKDT7DPRSi9hPp4PQK_TKsGt5CXmCuLQZZdFc9GRgobMETXeNXk6b84EHSFAidx_vhVOS34M0hthPxsMR18WK8JXcaLgS80mz9FEBLCeE5uZWSKm5vvOkbeTxYVbXSBkUYiDpDedgyw_dYsQkudBkm1rJ5AGISxBA8FARt5HaqeGSkCyE5XSrFReP9ESIz5ob0ibZKqi8wczUpx1_4LDRc95UEFF2I9hQ9jmYng2Vb2f7UdkFtTTDIoQpJyVmAXzuuAsWJAtq6G1JEOr46HzeIl36haaeUAUdZvbYXGa0Gb4-JQOoL8sgVdYl0pLCnNlSpYLJlIfvg3RaEM-wj=w807-h605-no

Prop balance can make a big difference on your engine accessories by reducing vibs. The best balance I ever had was at Harvey field. They balanced helicopters and prop planes.

One thing that I remember is doing partial and full power runs (with tail tied down and chocks). We went at it a few times. In the end the difference on the Hartzell CS prop was amazing... you could feel it. The other thing was he had raw data of vibes and knew what to do. Knowing where to put the sensors and where to put the weights and how much to add is a bit of an art...

I'd like to have my prop balanced. Does anyone know whether there's anyone in the Memphis area that provides this service? There's a guy in Jackson, MS that does it but he's been non-responsive.

Just FYI, Jim Jeffries in Brandon, Mississippi, specializes in prop balancing. He was unavailable for the last few months, but is working again. His number is 985-507-9981.

Back