What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Hangar at Marathon, FL Keys

RV8Squaz

Well Known Member
Hello everyone,

I?m planning a trip at the end of the month to the Marathon airport (MTH) in the Florida Keys. My son and I will be there for 7 nights attending the Scout Seabase. I was told by the FBO that there aren?t any hangars available. Does anyone have any info on the possibility of a hangar? Definitely want to fly into MTH. Thank you!

Hi Jerry,

I fly to Marathon often. Great FBO there but hanger space is almost non existent. Tie downs run 15 dollars a night. I would call the G.A. FBO at Marathon and ask if they have any space in their maintenance hanger or on the Jet Center side, but it will probably cost $$$$$.

If you park on the ramp, a canopy cover is a good idea. When you get back home, give the plane a good bubble bath and a good rinse and all will be fine. Also, consider stopping at KIMM on the way there. Fuel is cheap, and a quick hop to Marathon. I usually do a top off at Marathon, but its usually only 10 gallons or so. KIMM is About 1.50 dollars a gallon cheaper than KMTH.

Last edited:
Hi Jerry,

I fly to Marathon often. Great FBO there but hanger space is almost non existent. Tie downs run 15 dollars a night. I would call the G.A. FBO at Marathon and ask if they have any space in their maintenance hanger or on the Jet Center side, but it will probably cost $$$$$.

If you park on the ramp, a canopy cover is a good idea. When you get back home, give the plane a good bubble bath and a good rinse and all will be fine. Also, consider stopping at KIMM on the way there. Fuel is cheap, and a quick hop to Marathon. I usually do a top off at Marathon, but its usually only 10 gallons or so. KIMM is About 1.50 dollars a gallon cheaper than KMTH.

Hello Rich,

Thank you so much! Somehow I got caught up with work and I missed your reply. Sorry for the delay. Thanks for confirming the non-existent hangar space. I hate to leave my baby outside there, but it is what it is. Those are good tips. I always have my canopy cover and I always wash the airplane when visiting coastal areas. I?m going to be stopping at PMP both ways to visit family. I?m familiar with IMM, although I think it had a different identifier when I stopped there on a solo cross-country 36 years ago! Airglades is another good stop.

Anyone else got a spot for -8?

Back