What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Gear Leg Fairing Screw Up?

pilot28906

Well Known Member
OK, I think I missed part of a sentence in the plans about not trimming the trailing edge of the fairing. I marked the fairings with the templet then trimmed around the line; tip, root, then trailing edge. Why does the plans say not to trim the trailing edge? Do you leave the trailing edge as it is molded and use the templet line for hinge position? Is there any way to make the fairings work if the trailing edge has been trimmed?

Thanks,
John

OK, I think I missed part of a sentence in the plans about not trimming the trailing edge of the fairing. I marked the fairings with the templet then trimmed around the line; tip, root, then trailing edge. Why does the plans say not to trim the trailing edge? Do you leave the trailing edge as it is molded and use the templet line for hinge position? Is there any way to make the fairings work if the trailing edge has been trimmed?

Thanks,
John

Untrimmed it gives you something to drill and Cleo through to keep things aligned while fitting the hinge. Then you trim it off afterwards.

Back