What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

San Diego RV's

Reaver

Well Known Member
Patron
Is there much of an RV/homebuild presence at KMYF in San Diego? Will be moving to the area in a few weeks. I was building with a partner and had to give up my share of our project due to the move. Not looking to start again from scratch, but would be happy to help others on occasion.

Hello Alexander:

There are four GA type airports in and around San Diego:

KMYF: I know of two RV-10's that are based there. I am sure there are other experimentals as well but I do not spend much time there. As a builder, typically you cannot start there due to the surrounding neighborhoods and need to do phase 1 elsewhere.

KSEE: There are a few more experimentals there than KMYF. Several of them are on this forum. Similar issues I believe building here as phase 1 needs to be elsewhere.

KSDM: Brown field is down by the border and the home of one of the two local EAA chapters. You can build and start Phase 1 from here. Do not personally know any builders there.

KRMN: Ramona is about 45 minutes east. I am building my RV-10 here. There are many other RV's at the field with a very active experimental community. EAA chapter there along with a place to do Phase 1. There are at least 4 or 5 builder/owners on the forum.

Stop by some time or drop me a line and we can chat

E

RVs in San Diego

There are allot here. We also have our annual RV flyin BBQ in April at Ramona.
Still working this years details and a firm date but we are looking at the 13th of April. Great place to meet allot of RV owners and builders.

Back