What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Elev. Bellcrank Rib Rivets

DMFenster

Well Known Member
Dwg 71 calls for size 3 470 rivets in the bellcrank rib to baggage rib angle. Seems strange as this is the first time a 3 in the 470 variety is called out. And Van's didn't send any with the fuse kit. Ok to put 4's in there or is there an interference issue down the road I am not seeing.

Thanks

Dave

bellcrank rivets

Hi, were at about the same place on the fuselage. I have some 470-3's that came with a previous kit, maybe the tail kit. I'm a little worried they cant be set after the bottom skin is riveted - very awkward using any tool, except maybe a pop rivet. I haven't tried it yet. Ideas?

Dave H
Draper, UT.

Rivets

I used number 3's. I didn't check the list but I'm sure I received these with the fuse kit.

Bellcrank Rivets

I did this today. Used 3's. I "borrowed" a few. I used a longeron yoke in a squeezer to do the 4 'horizontal' ones and managed to just get my gun in to get the others - it was tight but it fit. I also borrowed a 3 rivet set for the 470's. If you don't have a 3 set, then look into using 4's, but the edge distance might get a tad small.

Back