What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GTN Nav database not loading

togaflyer

Well Known Member
First time this has happened. Updated the GTN 650 with latest data. Everything but the navigation data base was updated. Got another SD Drive, reloaded the data from Fly Garmin again. Check to make sure it was loaded and latest nav data version. Loaded the card in the GTN, but the nav data did not load up. Still has the expired nav version even with the updated SD card inserted. Any suggestions other than calling Garmin tomorrow. Thanks.

If I recall correctly, the sd card has to be formatted as FAT32. I've had this program updating the software with card formatted otherwise.

I?ve had this happen when the unit has not had satellite info for a few weeks. The internal clock still thinks it is earlier than it is. Try pulling the plane outside and let it gather satellites.

It was FAT32, but I reformatted it again, making sure it was still in FAT32. Also re down loaded the Garmin download wizzard, then reloaded the data. I will load it Monday and see if it fixed it. She has been flying a lot with no issues, so hopefully its just a burp.

Just updated my data for my GTN 625 today.
I downloaded the newest not yet ?current? data.

After the load into the GTN it still shows the August data as active.
It will automatically show and use the newer September data when the August data expires in a few days.

Clumsy explanation, hope it helps/works.

Carl

One time I successfully loaded the Nav data to the card but it would not load to the GTN. Sprayed the card contacts with contact cleaner and problem solved.

Fin 9A

I went through this about 6 months ago and posted the symptoms and resolution on this website.

Plane needs to be outside to see the satellites to get the current date. Data loaded to the SDcard needs to loaded with the latest SW loader from Garmin.

That took care of my problems.

I did load it in the hanger with the door down this time. I will try it Monday outside. Thanks, great help from everyone.

Put your data card in hold down the home button and turn power on when you see the Garmin logo come on then release the home button. This will force load the data.

Back