What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-14 Engine Mount

That is pretty interesting. It doesn't look anything like the 9A mount. The 14 looks live it is going to be a very nice plane.

I love the picture. I have been looking for the same picture but for the 9A but can't find one.

It's my understanding the 14 uses a scaled down -10 nose wheel setup.

I've read it somewhere so I'm sure you can search for it.

No more soft field T/Os & Lnds!

I believe this is for the nose wheel strut. It would appear the will have some type of shock absorption built into that torque tube so you won't have to make soft field take offs and landings anymore.:)

The cut away drawing is not representative of what the engine mount / nose gear in the final kit design will be. It shows the initial design which has been changed to one very close to what the RV-10 has.

Regardless of how the nose wheel attaches to the airplane, smart pilots of tri-gear airplanes still operate with soft field proceedures in the back of their mind.....

The 10's nosegear is hinged on the bottom of the motor mount and it has several rubber doughnuts, like older Mooneys, as shock absorbers/suspension.

Best,

Back