What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

O360 Cowl

longline

Well Known Member
I cannot find the answer to my question using search? probably there, just cannot find it.

Have an early 2002 RV-8 kit that I have taken over. Original owner bought an O-360 vertical induction cowl. The engine I have is an angle valve Lycoming IO-360. I would like to use a Bendix RSA injector, forward horizontal induction, as I have the sump and intake tubes to match. I am not aware of a model that uses a vertical intake tuned induction sump.

The question is: Does the cowl, designed for a FAB airbox, have enough room up front to install the snorkel? If not I guess I will be buying a new cowl.

What say you? Options?

Don't know the answer but there's possibly another issue. As I recall, the IO-360 cowl is wider at the front and has larger cooling air intake holes than the 0-360 vertical induction cowl. Check with Van's.

Bevan

O-360 Cowl

I spoke with tech assistance and clarified the issue. All RV-8 upper cowls are the same. The only differences appear in the lower cowl. In my case I am only half wrong?.

Back