What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Ground adjustable rudder pedals

Once the rudder pedals are all installed per plans, cables run to rudders, tension applied to cables, what stops the pedals from falling back toward the front seat when your feet are not on the pedals ? Shouldnt their be some type of spring or something that applys tension on the back of pedals toward the firewall, keeping the cables tight ? Next, the rudder cables I got with kit have 2 plastic sleeves on each cable. One approx 6 in and the other about 12 in. Where do the sleeves belong when cables are installed for good. The plans are not showing this, that I can find.( These are ground adjustable rudder pedals)

Nope, the cables just go slack if your feet are off the pedals.
I believe the tubes your are referring to are to pass thru the fuse side exit at the rear, under the HS. They get clamped in place and provide a bearing.
I have inflight adjustable, so don't know about up front...

Have a look at the written instructions for where the covers go. On the RV4 it is at the rear exit and a forward bulkhead, from memory.

You are fine.

Yep, no spring if you don't want it there. And the sleeves around the cables, the one that is most forward will go under the front flooring just under your seat to keep the cable from rubbing the pass threw at that two spots. It should show up in you drawings, but not real well. Snap bushing and tubes in the bushings. The rear one should be the short one go's back at were the cable come threw the skin and outside to go to the rudder. It get an Adel clamp and most of us put a little fairing over it like the one from Avery tool.
Hope this helps. Yours as always. R.E.A. III #80888

Back