What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

First Question - RV-8

SuperCubDriver

Well Known Member
I just started a RV-8 build and here is my first question:

I am about to drill the HS-00003 plates (the ones which are also added with the recent Horizontal Stab S/B) to the HS front spar and not sure about the correct location. I am concerned with edge distance in case I have to adjust the width of the F-884 Attach Plate (DWG-78) later. The F-884 is not in the empennage Kit and I don?t have it now, so I don?t have the dimensions.
Also when I read the section Empennage Attachment I see the Vertical Stab should be mounted centered. Is this correct?? I?m asking because on my 7 the VS is offset to counter slipstream and this could cause even more fitting problems at the top because the attach plate is not straight here.

If anyone has the F-884 Attach Plate I would also be interested in the width as the plate goes between the HS-00003 plates.

I found the dimension, it was right in front of me on DWG 3. It says the distance of the HS-00003 from the centerline is 1 7/8".
I?m still wondering - is the vertical stab mounted offset on the fuse ?

Nope, not offset on the 8. Everything seems symmetrical including engine mount I think. There was a discussion about it in the archives I think. Guess you get to use the rudder when you need to but not have it offset when you don't.

Back