- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Go Back   VAF Forums > Main > Reviews
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2019, 02:53 PM

Default I had a different setup

My plane was originally equipped with Duckworks lights (I think) with a rectangular mounting hole in a bracket near the wingtip.

I removed the existing light and mounted one of the Squadron Pro brackets that I got from a fellow Vansairforcer to the assembly in the wing. The rectangular hole was a bit too small for the rear portion of the Squadron Pro to pass through, so I took a nibbler to it and enlarged the hole a bit.

Not sure how you'd adapt a PAR36 hole, but my guess is that you'd have plenty of room to work with so long as you had enough depth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smt6 View Post
How extensive is fitting these Bajas into the standard PAR36 hole?
2020 Dues Paid
Old 01-24-2020, 07:58 PM

I just saw these posts asking for more information. I am sorry I didn't answer sooner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpinelakespilot2000 View Post
Hi Galin-
What do those black bands over the power and ground wires adjacent to the lamps represent?
They just represent a MOLEX plug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dugaru View Post
That's pretty impressive!!! Starting to think I should save $ and install one of those for my taxi light. Did you install "spots," "driving," or "flood"?
I used the SPOT version. The important thing in getting great illumination is to aim them correctly, which is not very hard to do but takes a bit of time.

FWIW; A few months ago I was on downwind at night when a Bonanza reported on a straight in to land on the same runway. The tower told him he was #2 behind the experimental on downwind with the "really, really bright lights". He said he could see my lights flashing but I never saw him.

2019 Dues Paid
www.PuertoRicoFlyer.com

Last edited by GalinHdz : 01-25-2020 at 05:51 AM.
Old 01-24-2020, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamTom12 View Post
I plan to use this to replace my Whelen boat anchor: http://www.periheliondesign.com/wigwagdmnl.htm
I can report a couple of hundred hours of successful flight with a pair of Baja Squadron Pro lights being wig-wagged by the Perihelion wig-wag module. Works perfectly.

As a bit of a PIREP on how well these lights work, in 2018 getting into Oshkosh was rather precarious - nasty weather all around meant the FISK arrival was very quiet when we arrived on Saturday afternoon. The FAA controller on the ground commented that he had seen our landing lights wig-wagging as soon as we had turned to follow the tracks at RIPON - that's a few miles from where he was sitting on the ground. I've also had confirmation of 8+ miles visibility at altitude from another aircraft. These lights are VERY visible, and even more so when you have a pair of them being wig-wagged.