Ok, so a month ago our intermittent electric flaps stopped working.
I had time to take it appart today.
After I removed the two triangular side panels, I was able to access the support bracket that held the flap motor.
I removed the flap motor from the support bracket and then removed the flap motor from the rotating spindle.
Before disconecting any electrical connections, I tried the flap motor both up and down. You guessed it, the motor ran flawlessley.
When looking at the flap motor, the worm gear had lots of grease on it, but I could not see any grease moving down the spindle into the motor.
I then re-connected the flap motor to the rotating spindle and tested again. Worked perfectly.
Finally, I had someone operate the flap switch up and down while I held the flap motor and moved it around to see if I had any shorts or breakage in the electrical connection to the flap motor.
Nothing! It all worked perfectly.
Before I put back about 30 screws to re-secure the flap actuator assembly to the support bracket, and re-secure the two triangular side panels, I thought I would check with the brain trust here for any other suggestions.