What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Haiti General Aviation?

Weasel

Well Known Member
I notice that the Dominican Republic is doing a lot to support general aviation in the form of no government fees but I cant find anything on Haiti.

Does anyone here know if it can be done? or would it be better to just land in the DR and drive over into Haiti?

Thanks

I can't answer your question specifically. I have a friend who is involved in Mission work in Haiti with a group based here in the States. Based on conversations with him relative to the current economic conditions in the country, I'm not sure general aviation, especially for foreign visiting pilots, even exists in Haiti, Wikipedia lists 17 airstrips within the country. I would assume they are mostly used by missionaries or medical personnel. Next time I see him, I'll ask him, although he is not a pilot.

Personally, there are some countries that I would like to visit, but I don't think I'd want to park my airplane in some of them for fear of theft or other mayhem. :rolleyes:

I think your idea of landing in DR and then driving into Haiti might be the better idea.

Last edited:
Back