What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

My new VansAirForce.net charity cap?..

DeltaRomeo

doug reeves: unfluencer
Staff member
It’s the same model as the ‘original’ cap (Cobra GP-R, 6-panel, unstructured, fabric back), only in black with a khaki interior. I opted for the standard blue wings, but with white lettering.

blackvafcap.jpg

The $10 charity I chose for this cap? I folded up a ten and stuffed it in the charity change slot at McDonald’s where I eat breakfast sometimes. It goes to the Ronald McDonald House charity (http://www.rmhc.com/).

v/r,
dr

PS: More on the cap, the logo, and how you can get your own made HERE.

Last edited:
I'm liking the colors. It would be great for the winter. Is the new embroider shop setup to put the little RV silhouette on the back of the cap?

I'm liking the colors. It would be great for the winter. Is the new embroider shop setup to put the little RV silhouette on the back of the cap?

Thanks.

The little RV on the back with 'dr' isn't setup. The guy at the shop said most of the caps he has sold to date had the name or N-number sticked on the back for $4 more.

v/r,
dr

How much notice do they need to embroider the hats? I will be in town this weekend and would love to get my first VAF cap. I'd like to look through the colors and will likely get a couple.

I think they have some 'original' styles in stock (GP-R in stone/dirt). I'd give 'em a call. If you're driving through on I-35, the embroidery shop is .4 miles off the interstate (route). I bet they could knock it out in a day if they have the cap in stock.
v/r,
dr

How much notice do they need to embroider the hats? I will be in town this weekend and would love to get my first VAF cap. I'd like to look through the colors and will likely get a couple.

can't get any reply from Cobra Caps

Hi,

I have emailed Carlos for 2 caps in the original style with VAF logo however I have not got any feedback yet. Calling will go above the cap's value in costs ... joking. Anything else I could do?

Heinz

Hi,

I have emailed Carlos for 2 caps in the original style with VAF logo however I have not got any feedback yet. Calling will go above the cap's value in costs ... joking. Anything else I could do?

Heinz

Hi Heinz!

Cobra is the supplier, not the embroidery shop. My local embroidery shop orders blank caps from Cobra to put my logo on them. If you want to use the embroidery shop down the street from my house, their site is http://lewisvilleembroideryking.com. Tell them you want a Cobra GP-R (in Stone/Dirt if you want the 'original' cap). You can email them to save on the call <grin>.

I don't know what shipping will be - might be cheaper to download the logo and get it embroidered on your end (don't know the setup costs over there).

v/r,
dr

Just got my new cap in the mail, and sent the $10 to Angel Flight West, on behalf of vansairforce.net! Pics to come - I plan on taking it when I deploy this summer!

got the 2 caps - donated

Hi,

got the caps today and donated to 30 UK Pounds Sterling (ca. USD 45) to Sue Ryder (www.sueryder.org) - a national charity in the UK who this year celebrate their 60th anniversary.

Here are my 2 caps in front of the PC Screen in my Office with the Sue Ryder Webpage open:

2ry3j48.jpg

To me, they were one of those ubiquitous organisations that I never really knew what they did. And I very much hope this state of ignorance prevails for all of you for its not until a family member, a loved one, a friend or indeed we ourselves, are unfortunate to succumb to a life changing or terminal illness that you really appreciate the role of Sue Ryder.

Their sole objective is simply to bring comfort to someone's final days, or give a person with an incurable illness the opportunity to make the most of their lives by providing health and social care services to those in such circumstances within their local communities.

This is something of great support as I see this when I visit one of my best friends (age 52) who is suffering brain cancer in a hospice here in my home town in M?nster.

Last year, Sue Ryder helped 16.400 people and their families. With more support, they can help even more as the breakdown below reveals, every little helps.

? ?6 ? provides three lunches for our patients
? ?60 ? provides two hours of physiotherapy for someone with multiple sclerosis
? ?600 ? covers the cost of a Sue Ryder nurse for five days
? ?6000 ? covers the cost of running one of our hospices for a day

Take care, Heinz

Hi Heinz,

Did you have the caps made locally or order from the place that Doug suggested in the USA?

I too am keen to order some new caps.

Cheers

$110 going to local charities . . .

I pulled together an order for the guys and gals at KPTW in PA. We will be making donations to various local charities - 11 hats - $110! Thanks Doug!

hats.JPG

She says I have too many? Doug the Guys in at Embroidory King did a great job. http://lewisvilleembroideryking.com

I donated to the National Multiple sclerosis society in PA. Thanks for arranging this and the request to donate.

vafhats1.jpg

vafhats2.jpg

It is a good thing you do :D

She says I have too many? Doug the Guys in at Embroidory King did a great job. http://lewisvilleembroideryking.com

I donated to the National Multiple sclerosis society in PA. Thanks for arranging this and the request to donate.

vafhats1.jpg

vafhats2.jpg

It is a good thing you do :D

Thanks for the MS donation. We just rode the MS Texas Sam's Club bike run from Frisco to Texas motor speedway this last weekend. $1.9 million raised for MS

Back