What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Buddy the Austrailian Shephard Rescue

Aerosport1

Well Known Member
My wife finally got me to sign up for Pilot N paws. On April 6th we flew our
first passenger. His name was Buddy a 6 year old Assie shepard who was turned into a kill shelter from his owners. He was 90% blind at birth and the
owners did not know this. He was a very sick dog when turned in but was nursed back to health and a new home was found. We picked him up in Ravenswood WV from another pilot (Paul) who fly's many rescues. When we got there Buddy was sitting on Paul's lap on a picnic table just enjoying the
great weather. We loaded him up and off we went to KCFJ Crawfordsville Indiana. Buddy did great and finally fell asleep. We had about 1hr 20 min flight
and when we arrived his new family was waiting. We unloaded Buddy and he seemed right at home with his new family.
This was a very rewarding trip for us to be able to help this wonderful dog.
We got an update last week that Buddy is doing great.
Oh KCFJ airport has a new FBO which is really nice.
0_0_3058e3c371f7efd6f11a2a32014dcc4c_1

0_0_113cdf077bac256f91eb924b9e672840_1

0_0_43dd3bbd207acbb33cf1d52847e660b1_1

0_0_7986935b65b3a5b5d00a289a8575cdc0_1

0_0_00bff46ccc979811a68ec3c69a76bd78_1

0_0_8d563dc6fa04e31666819148e8e52199_1

Good job Geoff! Nice photo's and your airplane looks gorgeous. Buddy looks like a "keeper", for sure.

Geoff, Nice Job!

When my -7 is done I will be doing LOTS of PnP flights.

Aussies LOVE to fly!

Here is my Aussie Wyatt in the Arrow:

Airdog Wyatt.JPG

Buddy would love to meet him, I am sure!

:) CJ

Another PnP Rescue

Good job and great report with excellent photos. RV's make great PnP transport planes.

Nice job!

Awesome Geoff! We have an Aussie so that story is near and dear to our hearts.

My -8 isn't well suited for that kind of flying (unsupervised rescue dog in the back -pit), but I surely admire those who spend the avgas to help out in this capacity!

PnP

Congrats on completing your first mission! I really enjoy making a difference with these dogs and sometimes I wish I could keep one of them but I know they are going to a new, caring family.
Hope you have many more rewarding rescues!

Buddy

Nicely done Geoff, looks like plenty of room in the back of your 10. Perhaps you can specialize in Bull Mastiffs and Great Danes. Seriously, thanks to you and your wife for a great deed.

Way to go Geoff and Laurel!

That was a generous act by you and your wife. Thank you for giving back. I showed the pictures to my kids and they were very impressed. BTW, your 10 is looking sweet as always.

Back