What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Add Another Dog Move to the 9 Category

Tanya

Well Known Member
Pete Howell, "Not that I am competitive, but I think the -9 guys have the lead in doggie rescues! Throwing down the gauntlet to the -4, -6, -7, -8, -10 and -12 guys to catch up! "

Sunday was my first pilots and paws rescue flight. I met Andy and Joker, a Jack Russell terrier, in McKinney TX. Joker happily climbed into the kennel in the baggage compartment, and he didn't make a peep after that. We arrived in Georgetown and his new foster dad whisked him home. It was a relatively short flight, 3 hours round trip, from north Dallas to Austin, but for those that have driven that stretch of 35 know how painful that trip is. Hopefully Joker enjoys his new home.

So, who's next?

Last edited:
1/2 -9 and 1/2 -10

Well, Bruce Sacks (RV-9) and I had a tag team effort today that had Bruce bringing a Mother dog and her six pups from Georgia to Ocala, FL, where Mary and I transferred the dogs to our airplane (RV-10) and continued on to their new home in West Palm Beach. Hope to have some pics to post later.:)

Great job Tanya!
Careful, flying dogs can be habit forming. :)

Today's Copilot
photo0023d.jpg

RV 10 N110DV has done 7 trips, totaling 27.1 hours and 50 dogs delivered since January 1. The 10 with the rear seats out makes a great hauler.

Lot's of fun.

Dick & Vicki Sipp

Habit Forming? Try Addictive!

Careful, flying dogs can be habit forming. :)

Two pups needed to get out of the New Orleans area. A volunteer from the rescue found me via Pilots n Paws, so I was off on another adventure. One found his new home in Gerogetown, and I took the other one to west Texas. He has a great new home roaming a large ranch and keeping the peace. OK, maybe that will be his job once he grows into his paws.

8zdz05.jpg

wkiutw.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice, Tanya. That's one lucky pup! It's been about a month since I have done a PNP flight and I'm ready for another soon.

In the next life??

So, who's next?

Okay, I don't believe in reincarnation, but if I did, I would want to come back as a dog and hope that Tanya would rescue me! There, I said it. And I'm sure a lot of you other guys thought the same thing! :eek:

Seriously, way to go Tanya! I've been saying for some time how the very efficient RV's make great dog rescue transporters. Although some PnP pilots have carried many dogs at once, all of my transports (in a C172) have been "onesies" except for one flight of two.

Angel's RV Swap

Last weekend, a planned flight to transport Angel from Albuquerque to Austin was derailed by freezing rain and snow. Yep, I'm a weather wimp. This weekend, I couldn't make the trip as I already had plans in Dallas and the sender was struggling to find a replacement. So, Dave came to my rescue, as well as Angel's. He brought the pup to Dallas, and I finished the last leg to Austin. Thanks Dave, from both of us. The best I could do was a few cookies for him to take home.

The RV Swap lineup: (click on image for a larger one)

Add another dog saved to both the 9 and 7 categories.

What a photo!

(Dog talk translation: "Thank you, thank you, I love you so much, here's a big wet one", wag, wiggle, wag...)

Yeah Mardy!

Fantastic and thank you. I do believe you will find them to be very rewarding flights.

Back