What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rugs n Roos

Malndi

Well Known Member
Having recently become RV owners, my wife Diana (the other half of Malndi) presented me with these embroidered rugs as a surprise wedding anniversary present.

rugs-170789.jpg

In keeping with the policy for using the VAF logo I made a $100 donation to our favorite charity Kanyana Wildlife, a not-for-profit organization caring for sick and injured native wildlife in Western Australia. Kanyana is staffed by volunteers and resourced through donations and they manage to operate a very professional facility that provides care for hundreds of animals each year.

http://www.kanyanawildlife.org.au/

Caring for Australian wildlife can be very labor intensive. For example these joeys (baby kangaroos) hanging around in their pouches have all lost their mothers, usually to road kill. They require bottle feeding every few hours and their rehabilitation can take up to two years before they are ready for release into the wild.

img_4104-170790.jpg

Here is Diana preparing to bottle feed a joey during a training course for volunteer wildlife carers.

img_4106-170794.jpg

It's a little unusual how RV's, a couple of rugs and native Australian wildlife came together, but I'm glad they did, it's a very worthwhile cause.

Mal

Last edited:
Great stuff,

We had a similar situation a few weeks ago where a mother Bandicoote dropped one of her babies when she got frightened, our neighbour (wires volunteer) looked after it while we set a trap to catch mum. 2 days later we reunited them and all was good.

Cheers

That second picture just strikes me as humerous.

But now you've done it. I cannot get this tune out of my head:

Tie me kangaroo down, sport,
Tie me kangaroo down...

-Paragon
Cincinnati, OH

(OK, technically they are tying the kangaroos up...)

Back