What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

A Puppy Needs A Ride (I should say several rides)

An arrival into Trenton, show me the puppy!

jLGOiRbl.jpg

Dakota is my co-pilot, her good luck got us the Dulles East transition on the final leg to Manassas:

dF3CHcul.jpg

The re-named "Jackie" meets her new family for the first time:

iGeJm0Kl.jpg

A true sweetheart of a dog, who loved being in an airplane so much she would not exit. Great to meet everyone online and in person for such a worthy cause. Now, to go vacuum some dog hair . . .

Last edited:
Great Job!

Wow, Pat! Congratulations, you did a great job! Dakota (now "Jackie") is a very lucky dog to be able to fly across the country with just one pilot! Not many PNP rescue flights are "non-stop."

Again, folks there are more than 3 MILLION dogs and cats that are needlessly euthanized each year because owners don't want them, or owners move, or they are part of a nasty divorce, or (fill in the blank). So if you can, volunteer through Pilots N Paws; it's easy. If I can do it, any pilot can. And if you can't fly a dog or cat, be sure and support Spaying and Neutering ordinances in your city or county.

Again, Pat, congratulations on a tremendous first animal rescue flight. :D

Also, congratulations to Mike for being the "anchor man" on the relay team. What a great positive note for aviation!

Last edited:
THANKS TO ALL

Now, to go vacuum some dog hair...
I have a feeling I'm going to be finding reminders of this trip for some time to come.

Thank you Pat and Mike but most of all I'd like to thank Courtney and her crew for giving Jackie (aka Dakota) a place to call home.

Congratulations to all who participated in this fine example of humanity.
Been watching it from the other side of the world with such respect for all this group in this and other rescue/transports.
All power to you, all of you.
John

Last edited:
I have a feeling I'm going to be finding reminders of this trip for some time to come.

Thank you Pat and Mike but most of all I'd like to thank Courtney and her crew for giving Jackie (aka Dakota) a place to call home.

Actually, the reminders fade and need to be rejuvenated. Sometimes it hits me that the cockpit isn't filled with dog hair floating around. What is wrong with this picture?
I only fly my own dog / best friend / only child / best buddy, but Tanya takes care of the rest. Often wipe down with a moist cloth takes care of the big dog bunnies rolling around.

This was a super fantastic trip. Thanks for sharing!

Dakota now Jackie's new home

On behalf of my entire family we would like to thank Jake for organizing this, having the foresight to make this happen and flying the first leg to Reno, St. Pat for taking such good care of her on the two day adventure to Trenton and Mike for saving me the 8 hour round trip to Trenton. We are very grateful!

Back