What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Our Very Own Tanya Card will be discussing PNP at 2013 Airventure

Status
Not open for further replies.

rv7boy

Forum Peruser
I received this in my PnP email today. I encourage all RV folks to go by and talk to Tanya about Pilots N Paws.

Way to go, Tanya! :D

"Also at Oshkosh PNP Pilot Tanya Card will be holding a meeting geared toward attracting new pilot volunteers on Wednesday July 31 at 11 AM near her plane in the homebuilt area (4 sections of planes at Oshkosh Warbirds, Vintage, Homebuilts, and Show Planes). Please feel free to bring a pilot friend who might be interested in joining our cause or stop by and offer support."

P.S. Hey Tanya, maybe Bob Collins will interview you on EAA Radio if he does that show this year!

Beware - You May Be Asked For a Favor

The PnP board considered getting a booth, but the cost is just completely out of reach for them. We came up with this idea. Or should it be called an experiment? Completely untested, so hopefully I won't be talking to myself!

If we get parked back in no-man's-land, I may ask someone (or get a volunteer?) with a prime spot to display a meeting poster for me. Haven't figured out the exact display method yet - thinking about hanging from the prop or attached to a post in the ground.

It will be a slightly modified (larger size and bottom text added), laminated version of the flyer that can be posted at airports...

xaoymv.jpg

2013 Airventure and Pilots N Paws

Looks like you've got a good plan.

Whatever you do, Tanya, I'm sure you'll reach a lot of people. Last year, I emailed the PnP Executive Director and asked if there was going to be a booth so I could drop by and visit. No, the cost was too prohibitive. They talked me into taking a bunch of flyers to hand out. So I took about 250 and just "cold called" on several different pilot-looking people as I walked around. I had some very interesting conversations.

And of course, somehow I let Bob Collins talk me into a radio interview on EAA radio. That turned out to be fun. :cool:

I won't be going this year, but I hope a lot of folks are introduced to PnP through your efforts. Everyone I've met who flies PnP flights says it's one of the most rewarding things they've ever done as a pilot. I certainly think so.

Last edited:
Huh, what, where? I sure hope you don't put up a sign at an EAA event without getting their blessing first, you might just end up in jail for doing something illegal. Especially if there is some scruffy Cowboy sitting there drinking a beer like he owns the joint.

How much does an appropriate booth cost?
Is it something we could all contribute to for next year, or would PNP executive think the money could be better spent on something else.
Even from here in Australia, I would like to contribute to the cost of such a booth.
John
Melbourne

Last edited:
Great program

Thanks Tanya for doing this. I believe this is one of the greatest programs Experimentals can do. I'll try to make it to the presentation.

Don't know how accurate but heard a 10x10 is in the neighborhood of $5000 for the week. Ouch....

Great job!!!

Oshkosh PNP Discussion?

So, Tanya, can you give us a report on how well the Pilots N Paws discussion went? If you'd rather save it for some offline discussion like Petit Jean, or some other fly-in, I understand. I was just thinking about this thread because I hadn't read anywhere else how your discussion/presentation went. :)

Meeting Was a Dud

While I had several people stop by that were already involved in PnP, the meeting did little to nothing in attracting newcomers. I do believe having the banner up with brochure for people to take was productive - my guess is I came home with about 100 fewer brochures - and I have to give credit for that idea to Jeff Point.

Tanya,
As a dog owner, I very much appreciate your efforts for PnP. Like a lot of other forms of advertisement and recruitment, the results are not always readily apparent. If just one person performs a PnP mission in the next year due to your efforts at OSH, then I'd say your meeting was a success. No telling whose hands those one hundred brochures will eventually end up in or how many aircraft owners might be inspired as a result of them. Thanks again!

I was glad to meet you, Tanya, this year at OSH! I have flown around 120 paws in my -9 and I look back fondly upon each flight. :) Keep getting the word out, next year they should give you a forum building.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back