What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

PnP Canada up and running!

cmxchr

Several members here belong to and fly for Pilots and Paws I know.

For our Canadian pilots, there is now a north-of-the-border counterpart you might be interested in joining.

PnP Canada went 'public' just a few weeks ago so the membership is very small, but we are doing what we can to get the word out and get as much exposure as possible.

If you're familiar with PnP (US), you'll see that PnP Canada looks and operates similarly, for it was created with the active assistance of the original organization, and is licensed and branded accordingly.

Website http://pilotsnpawscanada.com/

Chris

PnP

Hi Chris

Thanks for the link, I'll have a look...

I now have an excuse to go flying...;-)

Cheers

Bruno

Bruno,
You don't really need an excuse to go flying, do you? :)
But if you're addicted, like most of us are, it is a worthwhile alternative to the $100 hamburger or whatever the rate for those are these days.
A friend and I did a PnP flight last week, each of us carrying a dog in our small homebuilt aircraft. It was a really nice way to spend the day, and with two, it worked well for loading and unloading the animals from the tight airplane spaces, something non-pilots are not usually in tune with. Your RV4, especially with the rear seat removed, would be fine for anything but the largest dog I think (maybe not in a crate though).
I see from your profile that your day-job is very much seniority-driven, so here's your chance to get a really low number with PnP Canada! After you've joined, we would sure appreciate it if you could print a few flyers (link to a download is on the website) and post these at your loacl small airfields, flying clubs etc. Most of our members are in BC right now because that's where it started but the aim is to have a truly national organization.

Chris

PnP Canada

''I see from your profile that your day-job is very much seniority-driven, so here's your chance to get a really low number with PnP Canada! ''
---------------------------------------
Well Chris, I wasn't expecting this one, good one but don't worry I won't be shooting for # 1.:D

I 'm a little on the side line right now but will keep an eye out for it as son as I'm 100% again..

Regarding the excuse, it was more for my wife than anything else..

Like '' Sorry Hon, gotta go , I've got a pup to deliver...

Keep on the good work

Bruno

P.S: Chris, I just send the info to all my flying partners, it might help..

Last edited:
Like '' Sorry Hon, gotta go , I've got a pup to deliver...

P.S: Chris, I just send the info to all my flying partners, it might help..[/QUOTE]

Bruno, that's an excellent reason to get out of the house chores and go flying. How can anyone not buy that?

And thanks for helping to get our news about http://pilotsnpawscanada.com/
out in your area. I hope other Canadian pilots who sees this, will come forward and sign up if they are able or at least spread the message to friends and colleagues like you have.
To keep it RV-related, one of the flights we did earlier in the month was with a Harmon Rocket (which as you all know is derived from the RV4). My friend removed the back seat, hooked up a restraint for the dog and spread out an old sleeping bag. I was surprised at how much room the dog (a 45lb. Brittany Spaniel) had back there. He was a happy camper as you can see in some of the photos we took.
If you're interested, there are a few photos from the flight on the home page of the PnP Canada website (link above)
Thanks again for your support.
Chris

Last edited:
PnPC anniversary!

Pilots n Paws Canada will celebrate its first anniversary this week (June 15th). We aimed to have 100 pilots signed up within the first year and currently have 91 on our roster, so if you have been thinking about joining, please consider doing so now. It would be nice to reach the 100 mark!

For information on what PnPC is all about, and to review our progress in this initial year of operation, please go to our website:

http://www.pilotsnpawscanada.com/

Back