What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Next Bahamas Fly-In/Help Out is Oct 25-28

wacarlton

Bahamas Habitat has just released the dates for the next Fly-In/Help-Out weekend. It's October 25th ? 28th 2012.

We'd love to have you join us for a great weekend. You'll get a chance to work on a few homes, tour the new children's home, and see some of the most beautiful scenery on the planet.

We need LOTS more RVs this fall.
dennis-lori-rv10.jpg

rv-x.jpg

Details and more photos are at: http://www.bahamashabitat.org/wordpress/category/fly-in-help-out/

Here's a video I shot of Smokey Ray's RV-X during the last weekend:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_BS2FVpbwo

FIHO-10-2012.jpg

Last edited:
We'll be baaack!

Thanks again Will, we had a blast and have a whole new perspective on "roofing", what a great undertaking!

SeeYa in Oct!
Smoke & T

I'm in!

Will,

I'm in! I signed up on the website and made my donation. I've always wanted to fly to the Bahamas and this is a great opportunity to do so and make a difference.

Only catch is I need a seat so if anyone has an extra, I'm pretty good on the radios and navigation. Spent 10 years in the right seat flying S-3Bs in the Navy. Plus I have my pvt so I can hold alt when the a/p goes out.

Best,
Glenn

Re: need a seat

Glenn,
That's great! It should be no problem at all to get a seat for you. Can you make it to Orlando? We will be departing from KORL. We have also made arrangements in the past to pick people up if somebody has a spare seat from points north and west.

Anyway, welcome aboard. You should be getting emails from BH now that you've signed up. Feel free to ping me (PM or otherwise) if you have any questions.

Best regards,
will

Could you please let me know when the next mission trip is planned. I'd love to fly my RV10 to the Bahamas for mission work.
V O Roberson

You gotta' be kiddin'

This is just what I need...

My wife has been on two Habitat builds in the last two years. Loves it.

Been talking for the last month about doin the islands in the RV.

I'll put this under her nose forthwith...:)

??

So help me understand the details. Where do you fly into? What hotel do you need to make a reservation? And confirm arrival and departure dates?

Do not know if we can make it yet, but would like to consider it.

Back