What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Airplane to the rescue

humptybump

Well Known Member
I recently became the blessed recipient of a rescue dog who had to do a lot of traveling. Is a small way, my RV-8 was part of the plan. The full story is here. The RV made it possible for me to travel round trip from Virginia to Vermont in a single day to spend time with "Nick". What an airplane. What a dog!

Nick has a checkered past but both he and I have an exciting future ahead of us :)

wpid-Photo-Sep-16-2012-15051-575x444.jpg

Buddy

Looks like a little blue tick hound or blue heeler mix with a little German shepard mix in there. Should make a darned good dog.:)

Nick and I have a lot of work ahead of us. Rescue dogs, even young ones like Nick, come with some special needs. He's smart but there is a long road between here and seeing his potential. It's going to mean a bit less flying than I've been up to but Nick and I are in this for the long haul.

My thanks to everyone who contributes time, personal airplane transit, financially, and homes to these great animals.

Rescue dog

Thank you for rescuing. A month ago my wife and I adopted an eight month old Boxer puppy from Florida Boxer Rescue. He had a hard life, but he is adjusting well. I hope you will be happy with your new best pal, we sure are with ours!!

My thanks to everyone who contributes time, personal airplane transit, financially, and homes to these great animals.

Glen, Michele says that it was 3 hours of her day today! She transported a GSP in her car today to it's new owner!

Glad to see that yo have a new doggie! Wyatt and I will be down to say hello soon!!!

Congrats!!!

:) CJ

CJ, you are always welcome. There's "always room at the Inn".

My RV-8 is not well suited to rescue missions but I will do what I can to pay back to the extended community.

Congrats, Glen!

Should have mentioned it...I could have flown Nick for you.

Can you teach Nick to pick some numbers? He just hit the lottery and I could use some of his luck!

Back