What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

oxygen bottle

Abbygirl1

Well Known Member
My esteemed brethren........where do most of you guys mount a D size oxygen bottle in a 6A? I've got the bracket and all misc. stuff. Just need some ideas. RZRBILL?

Hey Jim,
We have not crossed paths in a long time. Good to hear from you. I should be at my hangar for the next few weekends because it is inspection time. Spent a chilly Saturday there this past weekend doing the easy stuff. Got my fingers crossed for warmer temps before I have to flop around on the hangar floor.

I mounted my oxy tank ("D" bottle I think) on the back of the electric flap actuator tower.
In my opinion, it was better structure than baggage sidewall and it was easy to execute the mounting. I did give up some ease of access but I combat that with up front flight planning so that all the connections are made on the ground. Its accessible in the air but not as easy as a sidewall mounted tank would be.

Hey Jim,
We have not crossed paths in a long time. Good to hear from you. I should be at my hangar for the next few weekends because it is inspection time. Spent a chilly Saturday there this past weekend doing the easy stuff. Got my fingers crossed for warmer temps before I have to flop around on the hangar floor.

I mounted my oxy tank ("D" bottle I think) on the back of the electric flap actuator tower.
In my opinion, it was better structure than baggage sidewall and it was easy to execute the mounting. I did give up some ease of access but I combat that with up front flight planning so that all the connections are made on the ground. Its accessible in the air but not as easy as a sidewall mounted tank would be.

Thanks brother Bill. I thought that was where you mounted yours. We'll see ya soon.

Mine mounts on the back of the flap motor area between the 2 seats.

Dido. I used some quick connect mounts where I can pull it out in seconds. I put a piece of channel stiffener down the back of the up-right and mounted to that.

Back