What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New RV-10 build

BoilerFlyer

I suppose this is a "Hello World" kind of post - but I didn't see any stickies for saying hello to the community. I've been a long time lurker (PPL in 2000, learned about Van's for the first time in 2008, finally started my 10 this week in 2017 - that kind of lurker). I just want everyone to know how much this forum has influenced me to get started and given me the confidence (perhaps somewhat misplaced) to jump in with both feet on this. I look forward to all of your help, and whatever I may provide as well, through the years!

Welcome!

Welcome to the group! I am just down the road from you, near Batesville, a little more than an hour drive. If you ever want to come down and check out my project, let me know. I would be happy to show it to you...engine is hung and just got the prop...

Welcome

Another welcome...from Boiler country in Lafayette.
I'm about to start the cabin top. Let me know if you'd like to come by, or need a hand.

Tim

Welcome, Kyle!

You are in the right place. VAF is the best community for RV builders out there, besides your locale EAA Chapter.

Thank you all for the incredibly warm welcome! I know this is quite the delayed response, but I'm sure you'll all understand I got a bit wrapped up in my VS this past week and also cobbling together a functional spray station to start priming some parts. I will be reaching out to many of you privately soon and thank you all for your warmth and hospitality!

Where are you building Kyle, garage for now? basement? or hanger?
Dave

I'm building in my garage for now. I can't imagine having enough room once it comes time for the wings and fuselage, so I'll have to come up with a solution at the time. I started by building the EAA 1000 standard work tables, but modified them to put a melamine top on them so they had a slick white surface to make looking for loose rivets an easier task. So far so good!

I will attach a picture in the future, but for now it's not online anywhere. I'll get there!

New to VAF

Hey everyone,

I am new to the site and interested in building a -10. I see a few of you are building in the Indianapolis area. Would any of you allow me to come check out your plane as I decide if this is right for me? I'm in Plainfield. Thanks in advance! Jeff

Boiler Up!

Welcome Kyle! Glad to see several Boilermakers joining the community! Let's hope for a much improved football season.

I'm out in Danville (West of Avon), building a 7-A. You're welcome any time.

Michael

Hey everyone,

I am new to the site and interested in building a -10. I see a few of you are building in the Indianapolis area. Would any of you allow me to come check out your plane as I decide if this is right for me? I'm in Plainfield. Thanks in advance! Jeff

Any time Jeff. I'll put you to work...:D
Send me a PM if you'd like to discuss timing.

Back