What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Sky vision extreme salus portable

The built in version sure does, but the portable glare shield mount similar to a stratus, gel, or other type isn't as familiar.

Looks like it doesn't work for the mandate for 2020 because of portability but not 100 % sure. Looks like good bang for the buck compared to other portables since it does both but being so close to the 2020 mandate might not make sense,

There's a number of products out now that advertise ADSB In and Out that are not TSOd and their ad usually states "suitable for Experimental service" such as the SkyGuard xx. Some do "look" like portable units and may work for Wx ,Traffic but I bet the FAA won't allow any inside the mandated airspace come 2020. I'm guessing this is what the programming bit is with Navworx. Seems like the FAA is not going to recognize anything as legit unless it transmits an SIL of 3 and an SDA of 2. And with that They know it is TSOd. So much for the "meeting performance" standard.

So I've read the sil 0 sil 3 thread about the navworks 600b but that sounded like it was going to be only the early models. Is it an issue with all navworks boxes? Or is it the portability issues they don't like?

Back