What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Long piece of angle, RV-8 kit

TShort

Well Known Member
I have an 8? or so piece of 3/4?x3/4?x1/16? angle here in the shop. I?m assuming it came with the -8 kit, though it doesn?t have any of the familiar Van?s markings on it (like ?AA-xx?).

I was going to cut some to use for installing the trays for the radio stack in the -10.

I have the slow build wings mostly finished, the QB fuse partially done ... is there any other place where a long piece of angle is needed?

I really can?t think of anything, but would hate to cut it and then have to ship another long piece of angle ....

Yeah - and I have a QB fuse so they are already in there.

I think this long piece may have just come with the kit for various uses; I can?t imagine that I would have ordered and paid shipping on an 8? piece outside of what came with the kit.

I did find more angle here in the shop which I labeled ?extra? in blue sharpie, so I don?t have to cut the long piece.

This is the tough part about building so slowly and intermittently... I forget what is what on the -8 kit! (Started in 2005...)

I agonized over that piece on my slow build, but finally figured out it was for misc parts and the skin bending angles on sheet 74. But, I didn?t cut it until after I bent my longerons!

I’m not sure what it would be use for a quick build but I had a slow build RV 8 and I started cutting Pieces off of one of my longerons I didn’t know what it was used for at the time but when I went to replace it it cost hundreds of dollars to ship a piece that long so be careful what you’re cutting up

Back