What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Selling Parts at Airventure Aeromart

Sandrews

Well Known Member
Anyone had luck getting rid of parts there? Read the details on the website on the process of selling. Debating whether to bring some parts with me when I come.

Thanks

Never tried to sell, but I bought an engine mount there last year for my 6a. Don't need anything this year, but I'm sure others do.

EAA OSH Parts Sales

I sold a considerable amount of parts there before I relocated across country. Most were certified parts...2 oil sumps, carb. heat boxes, etc. from a few scrapped air frames. To actually sell they have to be priced well or they will be still unsold near the end of the show when you are required to pick them up or loose them. Also this was 6 years ago or more but then I saw an uncompleted RV6 tail kit there with paperwork for about $150 or so and it was not selling. There are homebuilt parts including total projects but most buyers are after classic, vintage or older certified parts which is what I had. Also I spend the almost the entire week there and had my stock out at opening and most all was sold by Wednesday. What did not sell...Cessna door window frames, wing tips and two oxygen tanks...they always have a ton of that stuff.

Dick DeCramer
Las Cruces, NM
N500DD RV6 flying 13 years
RV 8 Finishing stages

It depends. One year I put a bunch of stuff there, and only a little of it sold. However, a vacuum pump walked off without being sold. I hope that it failed someplace before takeoff when the SOB needed to go home IFR.

There's good stuff, reasonably priced, that goes pretty much as soon as the doors open, but there's a lot of plain old junk there, too.

Back