What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

EFII fuel routing (firewall penetration)

rmartingt

Well Known Member
For -7 and -9 builders (and I guess -6 builders, too) who have fitted the full EFII package, where did you run your fuel supply and return lines through the firewall?

EFII fuel routing

Hi Bob, this is how I done mine on my 6A.

Fuel pumps on the floor boards, pressure side going through firewall on right side, return line on the left. There is a cover for the fuel pumps.

wuf5ex.jpg

90 degree bulkhead fitting, short line to fuel filter, then line up to fuel injector.

16lfk45.jpg

Fuel line on left running down to Pressure Regulator mounted on the firewall.

qq2z5h.jpg

Fuel pressure regulator mounted on the firewall, short solid stainless steel line from regulator to 90 degree bulkhead fitting.

357r2j8.jpg

Hope this helps, Terry.

Terry,
Thanks, that does help a lot! If you were doing it over, is there anything you would change? Would you consider moving the penetration points up higher (to reduce the length of fuel line forward of the firewall) or do you think that would cause more problems than it attempts to solve?

Bob, on my installation I could not go any higher. I have two heater control valves right above the area where the lines go through.

It's also pretty busy on the left side above my fuel pressure regulator, I could not mount it any higher.

I'll second the recommendation for Tom at Flight lines, he did mine and was excellant to deal with.

Cheers, Terry.

Back