What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Andair Fuel Valve

simatos

Well Known Member
I have the Andair fuel valve. First attempt to run fuel through it and it leaked at both inlets. Sort of surprised so pulled it out to check tightness of allen head screws which secure the inlets. nest the allen key in nice and tight, snug up a bit and the head strips---rounds out and key is now turning. OK remove it since the valve comes with a few spares. Same thing happens with next 2 screws. Not really very tight and key turns in the head. Check the allen key, nice and sharp, no damage. Abit cheesed off, anyone run into this????

Hi Gary,

Yes I have run into this problem trying to solve a leak. Some screws I was able to get out by hammering a torx screw driver into the damaged screw. This only worked a few times until the torx bit was damaged causing more damage to the screw.

The remaining screws were removed with a more drastic approach. I carefully made slots in the screws with a very small dremel tool in order to get a slotted screwdriver on them.

After the ports were removed, I lubed the O-rings with grease then reinstalled the ports with torx head screws (available from Andair).

So far, no more leaks.

BTW, the O-rings and the allen/torx screws are metric. I was not able to find them locally.

Bevan

Andair ports

Hi Gary,

Yes I have run into this problem trying to solve a leak. Some screws I was able to get out by hammering a torx screw driver into the damaged screw. This only worked a few times until the torx bit was damaged causing more damage to the screw.

The remaining screws were removed with a more drastic approach. I carefully made slots in the screws with a very small dremel tool in order to get a slotted screwdriver on them.

After the ports were removed, I lubed the O-rings with grease then reinstalled the ports with torx head screws (available from Andair).

So far, no more leaks.

BTW, the O-rings and the allen/torx screws are metric. I was not able to find them locally.

Bevan

Got my ports out and lubed.
Anyone have a photo of the valve mounted in the F-983A plate?

Last edited:
Got my ports out and lubed.
Anyone have a photo of the valve mounted in the F-983A plate?

Larry,

Does this help?

DPGk51nh.jpg

Thanks guys,

Ray I have the same octopus under my panel. I managed to back out the screws but I will need to put a slot in them as suggested to use again. Any recommendation what type of grease for the "O" rings? Thanks Guys, Cheers Gary

Not really very tight and key turns in the head. Check the allen key, nice and sharp, no damage. Abit cheesed off, anyone run into this????

My Andair valve came with two different allen wrenches. One of them is for the red handle, the other one fits the screws at the fittings.

Are you certain that you are using the correct size allen wrench?

I still have a brand new valve that I've yet to mount. I'm wondering what I should use to lube the O-rings. I think I'm going to need to rotate in fittings 90 degrees if I remember correctly. That might be a good time to lube the O-rings or should they come from Andair that way?

OK I ordered the Fuel Lube equivalent from ACS. I also managed to remove my 90 degree fittings so I could rotate them to point down. When I removed the fitting I could see that there is already some lubricant on the o-ring and flange. I'm assuming this is the Fuel Lube stuff. How much do you normally apply? I'm wondering if it is good to go or if I need to wait until my Fuel Lube arrives before buttoning the valve up?

Back