What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Thunder Bird NOTAM for Milwaukee near Oshkosh

donaziza

Well Known Member
Everyone, please be advised, there is going to be a NOTAM for the Milwaukee area right when everyone wants to fly home from Oshkosh. Its the Air Force Thunderbirds on Thursday, July 23 thru Sunday, July 26, and effective 1500Z or 10:00AM local. I had wind of it from "somewhere", so I just called 1800 WX brief. You guys wanting to fly on the edge of Lake Michigan by Chicago, be REAL careful.

Also, for Mike Starkey, you said you had trouble finding Ripon? There's a waypoint/intersection called "Ripon" right on the southwestern edge of the town of Ripon. If you can't find it in your VFR database, the Lat & Long are N43.8382 and W088.8447.

Thanks for the timely heads up. However, I really don't think this will have an effect on most people flying home. The NOTAM area is mostly within the boundaries of the MKE class C airspace anyway and nowhere near the route that most folks use when flying the Chicago lakeshore. Just stay west of Milwaukee until you get south of the city, then head for the lake and you'll be well clear of the Thunderbirds.

Back