What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Beringer nosewheel?

digidocs

Well Known Member
How do you like the Beringer nosewheel on your RV-10? Would you do it again? Any issues with executing a repair in the field?

It's been a while since the last thread on this topic and I'll bet there's quite a bit more service history out there now.

Thanks for your thoughts!
David

Been very happy with mine and wouldn't hesitate to do it again. Haven't had any service issues or problems, so can't comment on field repair. But the nose wheels tend to last quite a while on the 10.

I've been happy with mine as well (only approaching 100 hours now) but I can't speak to a "in the field" tire replacement yet. I can tell you that it requires a special tool so I doubt it'll be fun tracking the tool down when you're in some far away place. Search Aircraft Spruce for the Beringer tool but it's about $150 for a couple pieces of plywood.

The Beringer manual describing a tire (or "tyre" as they say in France ;) ) change is here:

http://www.beringer.fr/images/NewsMot1/complet manual 26-02-14 SITE.pdf

Thanks for the advice, guys. The link the maintenance manual was really useful. After seeing all of the steps involved in changing the tire, the standard wheel is looking pretty good. Hate to have to find the gasket kit and special tire installation tool at a lonely airport.

Fly safe,
David

Back