What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

I'll be in Phoenix

rleffler

Well Known Member
I'm going to be at Luke AFB to attend my son's graduation from his F-16 B Course next week.

My schedule is still up in the air on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. One of these days I'm planning on going down to PIMA Air and Space Museum. So I may have some free time. I'm looking for suggestions of things to do. My wife will be with me, so I'll need some non-aviation ideas too.

Thanks,

Bob

I'm going to be at Luke AFB to attend my son's graduation from his F-16 B Course next week.

My schedule is still up in the air on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. One of these days I'm planning on going down to PIMA Air and Space Museum. So I may have some free time. I'm looking for suggestions of things to do. My wife will be with me, so I'll need some non-aviation ideas too.

Thanks,

Bob

Bob, take your wife up to Sedona for lunch and shopping. Try to go to the Pima Museum early due to the heat as most of the planes are out doors.

Bob--you flying your beautiful RV10 out there???????
Tom

I wish! We were able to get ridiculously cheap airfare, which is about 1/10th of what my fuel bill would be flying out there. So this time, we're flying commercially. Plus I would rather spend time with my son and daughter-in-law before they leave for Korea instead of spending two days enroute each way.

Desert Museum

If you do make it to Tucson, you might want to visit the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum. It's been 15 years since I've been there, but I enjoyed it back in the day.

Congratulations on your sons graduation!

www.desertmuseum.org

Alan

Bob, Mary and I delivered an RV-10 to a new owner in Phoenix back in March. We visited the Desert Botanical Garden while there and it was fantastic. http://www.dbg.org/

The Musical Instrument Museum in Scottsdale is an absolutely amazing world class museum if you are interested in music. They also have some well known performers there from time to time. http://mim.org

Congratulations to your son.

Sedona

Hey Bob,

Based on your time you've gotta get the most bang for your buck. If this is your first time here, then Sedona is the place. I'd recommend heading up to Sedona and touring for the day. Then late in the day, head up the Grand Canyon and catch a Sunset there. Stay in the area overnight and see a Sunrise at the Canyon.
You're life won't be the same.

I've lived here most of my life. Friends and relatives that visited have enjoyed Sedona and the Canyon most.

Phx area to Sedona, roughly 2.5 hour drive. Sedona to the Canyon about 1.5 hours.

Have fun, take lots of pictures. Congrats on your son and his service to our country.

Hey Bob,

Based on your time you've gotta get the most bang for your buck. If this is your first time here, then Sedona is the place. I'd recommend heading up to Sedona and touring for the day. Then late in the day, head up the Grand Canyon and catch a Sunset there. Stay in the area overnight and see a Sunrise at the Canyon.
You're life won't be the same.

I've lived here most of my life. Friends and relatives that visited have enjoyed Sedona and the Canyon most.

Phx area to Sedona, roughly 2.5 hour drive. Sedona to the Canyon about 1.5 hours.

Have fun, take lots of pictures. Congrats on your son and his service to our country.

thanks! That was already the plan. We are actually spending a couple days in Vegas and driving to Phoenix via the Grand Canyon.

If you do make it to Tucson, you might want to visit the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum. It's been 15 years since I've been there, but I enjoyed it back in the day.

Congratulations on your sons graduation!

www.desertmuseum.org

Alan

That and the Pima Air and Space museum would make a great weekend for another trip when it gets cooler. :)

That and the Pima Air and Space museum would make a great weekend for another trip when it gets cooler. :)

Unfortunately, that's a parameter outside my span of control. Probably won't be back to the area for awhile. Unless you want to invite me to your RV-7 first flight celebration. :)

Back