VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 11-06-2018, 03:47 PM

Default Intercylinder baffle grommet (ICB)

I'm looking to wrap up my hoses for my IO-360-M1B and I have the Lyco ICB and the specified MS35489-20X grommet (from parts catalog) and TS Flightline -4 fuel hose installed. As you can see I have a 1/2" hose in a 3/4" grommet hole. I'm sure this will whistle pretty good as well as rob me of cooling air. Gooping it up with RTV is sloppy and lazy and not what I want to see. Anyone have a part number for the grommet that works with the -4 hose such as the one shown?

Thanks in advance.

Pazmany PL-1 N2029 (bought & sold)
RV7 - N537TC (reserved & building)
Emp, Wings & Fuse done - working on FWF

"The air is an extremely dangerous, jealous and exacting mistress. Once under the spell most lovers are faithful to the end, which is not always old age." - Winston Churchill
Old 11-06-2018, 09:24 PM

If for some reason you can't find the proper grommet that you need you might want to unhook your fuel line, drop it down (or pull it up...whichever is easiest) and wrap that area of the hose that'll be in the grommet area with a few wraps of silicone tape...you know, the kind that sticks to itself. Then, once you've "thickened up" that area, just work your fuel line back through the grommet. I think that would give you a nice tight fit that would look very neat and clean. Just a thought.

Mark
Old 11-07-2018, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark33 View Post
If for some reason you can't find the proper grommet that you need you might want to unhook your fuel line, drop it down (or pull it up...whichever is easiest) and wrap that area of the hose that'll be in the grommet area with a few wraps of silicone tape...you know, the kind that sticks to itself. Then, once you've "thickened up" that area, just work your fuel line back through the grommet. I think that would give you a nice tight fit that would look very neat and clean. Just a thought.

Mark
Or an extra piece firesleeve with red RTV. And don't forget to seal the perimeter of that baffle it is a huge source of unproductive leaks.

Original MS35489-20X New one from this list.

RV-7
1st Flight 1-27-18
Phase II 8-3-18

Last edited by BillL : 11-08-2018 at 07:59 PM.
Old 11-07-2018, 02:30 PM

Google search for MS35489 silicone grommet. If you know the actual dash number that you want (specifies ID and OD) you add X at the end for silicone.
N199EC RV6A flying
Learn the facts. "Democracy dies in darkness"
Old 11-07-2018, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVDan View Post
Google search for MS35489 silicone grommet. If you know the actual dash number that you want (specifies ID and OD) you add X at the end for silicone.
When I have the time to do the serious Google search, sure. Was hoping someone had a number I can quickly reference to.

"The air is an extremely dangerous, jealous and exacting mistress. Once under the spell most lovers are faithful to the end, which is not always old age." - Winston Churchill
Old 11-08-2018, 04:07 PM

Carlos, it can be sealed with firesleeve tape, or I can send you and extra piece of firesleeve to take up the space. Most of us use a tight grommet, or the firesleeve tape.

Tom
RV7 Tail Kit Completed, Fuse started-Pay as I go Plan
Ridgeland, SC
www.tsflightlines.com
Old 11-08-2018, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS Flightlines View Post
Carlos, it can be sealed with firesleeve tape, or I can send you and extra piece of firesleeve to take up the space. Most of us use a tight grommet, or the firesleeve tape.

Tom
Appreciate the offer Tom but no need. I'll find the right grommet when I have some time to do the search this weekend.

Old 11-09-2018, 08:33 AM

This stuff from ACS works well.

Catto 3 blade NLE, FlightLines Interior, James cowl, plenum & intake, Anti-Splat -14 seat mod and nose gear support
All lines by TSFlightLines
NSDQ

"The object of the game, gentlemen, is not to cheat death: the object is not to let him play."
Patrick Poteen, Sgt. U.S. Army
Old 11-09-2018, 08:49 AM

Default Grommet

I just slipped a smaller grommet over the hose, pushed it down so it sits on top of the oversized one in the baffle. Seals up nice and took all of 60 seconds to execute. If you want to get real fancy, smear a bit of RTV on the smaller grommet before you push it down on the hose to "glue" it to the lower grommet in the baffle.