What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Ikea Shop Cart

David Paule

Well Known Member
Ikea sells a very handy kitchen cart that works great in my shop./ It comes in a few colors, this ivory, a black and a rust color.

It rolls well and the three shelves are a convenient height, whether I'm standing, sitting on a stool or on the floor. And they ship, so you don't have to go to a physical store if there's none convenient.

The shelves are slightly smaller than I'd really like, but handy enough anyway. The height is good but it might be a bit low.

Recommended.

raskog-utility-cart-beige__0251742_PE390385_S4.JPG

A couple of my friends have these, too. One of them suggested leaving the middle shelf out, but I haven't found that necessary.

Outside of having bought this product, I have no other connection to Ikea.

Dave

Last edited:
Followup

Bought the rust-colored one, since anything made of steel will show rust sooner or later in our damp winter climate.

An ideal tool cart for rolling around in tight and not-so-tight spaces, thanks again for the tip!

Perfect! Thanks for sharing this. Just yesterday I was complaining to my "bucking bar buddy" how every time I need a tool, it's always on the other side of the plane. This will eliminate that issue.

Plus, it's Monday and I get to start the week with a fix for my addiction to buying tools. :)

Grypmat

Another handy tool caddy that I love is the Grypmat. They're soft, clingy plastic and conform to the top of your wing or fuselage to keep from marring the finish. I just bought the large one. I just bought the large one for $60.

I liked the look of the IKEA trolley for the workshop so looked to see if it's available here in the U.K. Yes, for ?45/$63! What a rip-off.

More tools

Perfect! Thanks for sharing this. Just yesterday I was complaining to my "bucking bar buddy" how every time I need a tool, it's always on the other side of the plane. This will eliminate that issue.

Plus, it's Monday and I get to start the week with a fix for my addiction to buying tools. :)

Randy, you?re not doing it right. What you need is two carts and two sets of tools ;)

Or a bathroom carpet

Dollar Store bathroom carpets with rubber backing and enough cushioning to protect the wing surface. No compartments, per se, but stuff doesnt want to roll off. Absorbent too. $6.

Another handy tool caddy that I love is the Grypmat. They're soft, clingy plastic and conform to the top of your wing or fuselage to keep from marring the finish. I just bought the large one. I just bought the large one for $60.

I liked the look of the IKEA trolley for the workshop so looked to see if it's available here in the U.K. Yes, for £45/$63! What a rip-off.

A good incentive to finish your RV, fly to Oshkosh, order a cart at our far more reasonable prices and have it delivered there, then fly it home! Is that a logical stretch or what? That said (and talk about thread scope creep) I'd love to fly my RV-7 to Europe someday.

Welp..... You got me!

Unveiling "Rolling Rack" V 1.0!

PXAmYgMogmKiY0i-VHVxMucrh0IYBxJqYOMJcDZQ7vkRHrH76IyD1PEtKYwmGmny3osEti0Mvq44PdivQyo9tv8yK92XiYk-mwMhcF37396KDSHhTB9kC-3RYdYWyJ-JGnmh3AbEv2MpZ3xoyqs5NJerWjUTRnn06YBRGxBEeuarMGiatMxAT4wi2tBs71-h1Z-iacYOPz0l3oamxOm5XRleY4ZS2BrPEFDWCuDAeALTp9PapM_t8nxIrkVCo-X5Vk-wzPTspl5X67DYbLbr0xS2G6tQJ2pyPbDEXFdcxuMrtRLo7Z7ahlWPT_6puTdHST0TsZLGTvZQ2BxQLkMJkuMGPozA5Dp_XRV0nmX4HwURI8nRrqRcuE6MehQwhBkgK14ch6DcBheLUjOlAAJyid75Hlfj5yt4yJUpbv_GvhrEt0qz16p1zwPOkuFW0MgXzSWhEPts2KhP1j-KyWZHqLbBe6SeBQ0xxMGqQrbNIfK96-_-v4NJLAKiowb5EZpCla6S4Nu0CFumZV9saDHaKxC30fQFbPSP71_t1nMWyv67Fx6PfJUJUboFCHVPcHpJa6MQ3uGlso8OmDHI6iMvbnsQULUfJeiIGnzC3UM=s800-no

Integrated air tool manifold block!

ErGCzQILkRqS6hk9QbmoDLi9Y5M9D_bb4aXVWkcft1BZbGbgLNPw-E3zt8hqkVufHeYssIEaRmCKdPoffAqGa-HExYN3LvH61Y3Ul-Z-XlMPmZ8GZm8kRd73LsuTnnv7YVaNcwKUFVFPihE8DXB2XFH_hwLBX2Nr8DVwBCfuC4DvrnON1Yyhlmc4X71EHjRINBpf1KA9yfbr8FyQxupRsc1Ja3Bfjcv9ktSqOM6C6i-aE1ti4G18kF0Rt-zv-ORFRwCUhzKnZQprmsFYyJudR9adO_D8xUn7IEE1-SRP0Z-9w0RBg6jDLaic1GR3ba2e9B69yyBve09hKE8BlZ7MsZogtmB5ui_nVzGFjVfuSHZE5xMXhuAgSuxE4RseWdBbc9sbJcVHwCRco3Z0p540nvTjxBvwp63h0w6Tr858e6t3q9xu7QJnoxIpBaMTBrj14FSmGJC9J8fm8g9gG5_J4d6rY8Wuhbg0cERBCHD4V2s3WsxDqqNX4h32CvvGUhheDh3qY4PmOw_jppMPbKb2Ra2QzXJM85b9U7VG9XRZkDAkuuA4hSRgspUGLkDzKo6zrp3cKpnz0H811AnIhm8M3VkJBXS8eDgi0PAZoM8=s800-no

Last edited:
Mine arrived yesterday, my first Ikea experience--impressed with the quality and price, will be used for a tool caddy in the hangar.

Back