What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Beringer nose wheel

Megs4sale

Well Known Member
Going to changeout my existing 8A Vans nose wheel for the Beringer. Aircraft Spruce is discounting 10% during OSH. They sell the rv7a, 9a "kit" for 599 and the "standard wheel" for 448. Am guessing the kit has an axle specific to the Beringer and the standard is just the wheel. Has anyone done the conversion and have any recommendations?

I changed out to the Beringer nose wheel , it came with the axle ,which I like , and needs a spacer which they left out of the package. They sent it after I called them on it but it was a piece of cake once I had all the parts which were 3 total ,took about six minutes, so I guess I got the kit. Not familiar with standard . Seems good so far. Cost 600 bucks . Is it worth it ? I don't know but it looks good when the pant is off and does roll better I guess . I like quality stuff and it seems to be quality stuff .

Changed to the Beringer nose wheel on my RV-10 a couple of months ago. It is definitely a superior product to the stock or Matco axle/nose wheel. Interestingly, I have had a gear shimmy at about 15 knots GS forever and had used a camera mounted on the belly to confirm that it was the right main gear. Tried the wooden stiffener, different tire pressures, balancing wheels, etc., etc., etc., to no avail. Once I installed the Beringer wheel, my shimmy has just about completely gone away. The small occasional amount I still get is at about 30 knots and is very minor. This was coupled with a new paint job and removing the gear leg stiffener from the right main gear. So, not sure if I had some nosewheel shimmy, or this is just a coincidence. The quality of the Beringer is excellent, in any case, and I am glad I spent the $500 or so to get it from Van's. It has a tubeless tire and does not seem to ever lose pressure.

Back