What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

TAF Board "NEW" under the VAF Wx page.

DennisRhodes

Well Known Member
Has anyone spent any time trying to figure out the TAF Board " NEW" forecast page at the top left of the VAF Wx page? Looks interesting and I think has the ability to pull up Centers wx info, but not sure I understand how to set that up. Anyone that has found a " go to" page that has some instructions or maybe a starting point for me would be great. Or if you have a page set up for your area that may be a good example for me to work with. Thanks.

[ed. https://www.aviationweather.gov/taf/help?page=board. v/r,dr. PS: The more I use it the more I like it!]

Last edited:
Thanks for the 'flag'. I had not noticed it.

Dennis,
Have you explored the "NOAA CSWU National Map" link that is about 1/2 way down the page? I used that a LOT because it gives a good metar display and if you click on an airport it gives detailed data for that site such as the TDA "Tactical Decision Aid" (which is a good display of TAFs) ,Skew T plots and satellite images.

Review of airport data along ones path gives a good idea of weather motion during the upcoming hrs.

The TAF board you noted could be similar in regards to the weather passage timing display but I'm not sure how to change the listed airports to the ones that interest me.

Thanks for the 'flag'. I had not noticed it.

Dennis,
Have you explored the "NOAA CSWU National Map" link that is about 1/2 way down the page? I used that a LOT because it gives a good metar display /QUOTE]
Thanks Bill and i use that page for local wx probably more than anything else. And thanks DR ( the other one) for the link to the help page.

Not an answer,.but alternative - Search for "awc-Gfa".

Aviation weather center - graphical forecast for aviation

one stop shopping,.... pick what you want to see, ..then move through graphically hour by hour over TAF period

Includes cloud TOPS as well as base,...

P.s. Make sure your spellcheck doesn't get you off to never never land when you try entering the search

Foreflight MOS charts

I'm extremely pleased with the MOS "images" available on Foreflight. I've been using the visibility and ceiling images for flight planning for three years now and find them to be 100% reliable a day or two out. They're in 3 hour increments and this is what the a "visibility" image looks like. (it's ground visibility)

0G2HWM.png

Back