What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-4 second first flight

danweseman

Hi Guys. I flew my -4 for the first time yesterday. I bought it from the VAF classifieds back in Oct. It had been in a windstorm last year and i bought it from the salvage company. I replaced the empenage, repaired a small hole in the wing, reskinned one aileron ,removed the vacum system and installed my 396 in the panel. Still needs a few fairing painted but overall looks great.It flies great also the rigging is perfect ,it flies hands off in roll. Thanks to my freinds and fellow RV flyers here at Haller airpark for help installing the wings and chasing me on the test flight. If i can figure out how i will post a photo. Keep building its worth it! Still smiling Dan Weseman

Congratulations! Will you have it at the EAA meeting Sat? I would love to see it after hearing about it for the past few months.

Here are some pics...

of Dan's beautiful RV-4!!

21njncz.jpg

9bfayr.jpg

Nice pics Chris. Thanks for posting them. How's your search for an RV coming? Did you sell your Sonex yet?

Yes, my Sonex is sold...

Nice pics Chris. Thanks for posting them. How's your search for an RV coming? Did you sell your Sonex yet?

Hi Con,

You'll get a chance to see Dan's RV-4 at the EAA meeting Saturday. I'd be there but am leaving on Thursday for a few days out of town.

I have the deposit and will have the remainder by the end of the month. Then I'll have cash in hand for an RV purchase. I have a few that I am interested in, hoping to see one on Thursday AM and perhaps another next week. I have a $41k budget and am looking for an RV-4 less than 20 years old, at least 160 HP, transponder with encoder, and good build quality. Anyone out there that has a -4 to sell within those parameters, please PM me with specs and photos.

Thanks,

Chris Smith

Last edited:
Back