What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Oil Return hoses for O-320

cbo111

My oil return hoses are showing some minor cracks on the outside ends and I would like to replace them to keep ahead of potential leaks. They look to be about 2" long. Does Spruce sell these little rubber hoses? Are they a standard size?
thanks for the help,

Chuck Olsen
RV-7A
TSP

Call AEA

Chuck,

Call AEA in the morning and give them your engine model. They will fix you right up. They are a great company to deal with. I doubt Aircraft Spruce will be able to help you.

Aircraft Engine and Accessory Company, Inc.
2275 Crown Road
Dallas, TX 75229-2007
Tel: 972.243.7404 ? 800.808.5908
Fax: 972.243.3806
Email: [email protected]

STD-2180

My oil return hoses are showing some minor cracks on the outside ends and I would like to replace them to keep ahead of potential leaks. They look to be about 2" long. Does Spruce sell these little rubber hoses? Are they a standard size?
thanks for the help,

Chuck Olsen
RV-7A
TSP

... or you could just go the the www.aeroinstock.com web site and order the Lycoming parts on-line tonight...:)

The part number is STD-2180 "hose, cylinder, oil drain" - fits O-320 A, B, D and E models

Lycoming part for $2.60 each....

Or a FAA/PMA substitute AELSTD2180 for a mere $1.66 each... a bargain for engine parts...:D

I think this link should get you to the right page.

http://www.aeroinstock.com/products/U1RELTIxODA=/5930/27753/product_detail/index.html

Official Lycoming part number is STD 2180. If experimental, you could use pieces of 3/8 MIL-6000 hose.
Good Luck,
Mahlon
?The opinions and information provided in this and all of my posts are hopefully helpful to you. Please use the information provided responsibly and at your own risk."

THANKS

Thanks everyone for the quick info. This is one of the most informative and useful websites I've ever found. :D

Chuck Olsen
RV-7A
TSP

Back