What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Picture of my panel

dave4754

Well Known Member
https://1drv.ms/i/s!Apov9vtfo19v1gzSWB4WCQMGVoaq

Well finally I have hooked up the Dynon Skyview D1000 touch to some of the network stuff i have been fortunate to have purchased used from other builders and fliers.

I would like to thank those private vendors and Stein for having provided me a budget favourable option to EFIS. And they all worked!

The mission for the airplane is simply VFR Day / night so nothing fancy. The Syview stands alone. It is supported by steam gauges for Oil pressure and temp. , as well as Ammetter. The RPM gauge is driven by the engine and the Airspeed and Artificial horizon are stand alone units as well. That way flying at night a power loss is a non issue as you can safely navigate.

Dave

Thanks

I am so glad to have sourced the used gear which enabled me to afford the SV panel stuff for all Communication, transponder, navigation work etc.

Stein was a big help in a five minute talk and so were the People at Dynon in helping to understand and install the system.

Dave

Is your airplane on a turntable?:confused: I?ve never seen a turn coordinator indicate a turn when at rest, either powered up or not...

Not on a turntable

The faceplate in there is just that a faceplate.

I have purchased a stand alone Honeywell to go in there just dont have it there yet.

Back